Because of the sparse population and the large area the Township encompasses, it can be difficult for communities within the Township to connect and share information and resources. As Councillor for Ward 1, I’d like to initiate an ad hoc committee, (which hopefully turns into a standing committee) that includes representatives from the towns and lake/Bay associations. The mandate for the committee would be to discuss ways to share assets such as community centres and playing fields so they are better utilized and they bring more value to the Township and its residents. This committee would also discuss common issues and lead to shared solutions. Some issues and opportunities for this committee may be:
- Most favoured nation use of sports fields and arenas for other towns within the Township
- Solid Waste Management/bins and collection discussions including Large Item Pickup days
- Programming ideas for youth: initiates to engage youth to strengthen our communities
- Cross promotion of local events, festivals, and regattas to increase attendance
- Discuss Council resolutions that affect residents on lakes, the Bay, and in towns
- Open discuss on Township issues and challenges facing the planning process.